by LINDSEY FISHER@LF Health & Wellness
We are not a “one size fits all” society.
We don’t all walk the same way, speak the same language, listen to the same music, have the same social circles, or have the same jobs.
We don’t dress the same, have the same strengths, read the same books, and we all are not inspired by the same people.
We also shouldn’t be doing the same workouts, eating the same foods, sleeping the same amount, drinking the same amounts of water, having the same opinions, spending the same amount of time at work or at play.
We are not a “one size fits all” community.
Every one of us is different. Each one of us on our own journey.
Everyone with individual visions and goals.
So I often wonder, why is it when the newest “fad diet” or workout plan arises, it seems that the majority of us think we need to jump on the bandwagon ASAP?
“Did you hear, Stacey lost 15 pounds in 5 days on the water diet! I have to try it!”
I have clients and people in the community asking daily, “what diet do you think is the best?” “What workout program would help them lose the most weight?”
My answer. If what you are doing right now is working for you, continue. If not, ask for some help and shake things up. We all may have similar visions of a healthy lifestyle, but our goals/steps to get there look quite a bit different.
The ONE thing I will promise you is that when it comes to your health and overall well-being, diets are never the answer. (⇒Key in Keto, South Beach, Adkins, Low Carb Craze, juice cleanses, The Master Cleanse, you name it, etc…..)
What works for one, may work for another, but it may not. And that is ok.
The more exciting news is that YOUR journey will shift and change, have highs and lows. What worked for you last year may still be working, or you may have hit a plateau. Time for a change. And that is ok too.
Here is the solution. ASK for help if you need it. The right professional with YOUR health at heart will guide you in the right direction for you.
Choose YOUR path. Choose what works for YOU. Choose something you can feel great about and commit to.
My path has changed MANY times over the years. But currently, here is what I find when it comes to fitness and nutrition, to be working best for me in 2023!
– Spend at least 5-10 minutes (try for more) each day in prayer/journal/reflections
– Daily workouts and walks during my workday to stay moving
– Surround myself with active people
– Attend hot yoga at least 1x per week
– Sauna at least 1x/week
– Drink at least 1/2 my body weight in water every single day
– Eat slowly and not after 7pm
– Never eat until I feel full. Always stop before that.
– Limit coffee to 2 cups per day (1 cup is mushroom coffee)
– Pay attention to macros and the way my body reacts to different amounts
– Move my body and hit 13,000 steps every single day
– Limit my wine intake. Drink better wine, less of it.
– Incorporate probiotics, ACV, vitamin D, fish oil daily
– Eat 90% – lots of veggies, lean protein, healthy fats
– Foam roll for AT LEAST 5 minutes daily
– Have a bedtime routine and get at least 7 hours of sleep per night
What does your path look like for the rest of this year?
What areas might you need help with?
Let me hear from you 🙂