PHOTOS BY LAUREN SEPHTON
Tomato Bisque Soup
- 10 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic head
- 1 white onion, chopped into large pieces
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. 100% extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Chop the very top of the whole garlic head off to expose the garlic cloves.
- In a large baking pan, add the halved Roma tomatoes, fresh thyme, chopped onion, garlic head, and fresh oregano. Season with the salt and black pepper, then drizzle with the olive oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the mixture to a high speed blender or food processor, then add the vegetable stock and heavy cream. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour back into a pot to heat up until ready to serve. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- To serve, garnish with a small drizzle of heavy cream and olive oil, along with a fresh basil leaf. Enjoy warm with grilled cheese!
Air Fryer Churros
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp granulated cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Bring the water, olive oil, sugar, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the flour and stir with a spatula until the flour is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Add the eggs and whisk vigorously for 1-2 minutes, until a smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag with 1” star tip. Pipe 4-5” long churros on a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Chill the dough in the freezer 10-20 minutes, until firm.
- Bake in the air fryer at 375F for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Brush lightly with melted butter and toss in the baking sweetener and ground cinnamon mixture. Enjoy!
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon Dinner
- 4 salmon fillets (4-6 oz. each)
- 1 lb. fingerling or baby Yukon potatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, about 1 lb.
- 1/2 cup unsalted or salted French butter [higher butterfat], melted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a rimmed baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the melted French butter, lemon juice, grated garlic, salt, black pepper, onion powder, and chopped parsley.
- Slice the potatoes into bite-sized wedges, if needed. Add the potatoes to the prepared pan. Drizzle one tablespoon melted French butter mixture over the potatoes, toss until well-coated.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Push the potatoes to the side of the pan. Add the salmon fillets and asparagus in the center. Season the salmon fillets with salt and black pepper.
- Pour two-thirds of the butter mixture over the asparagus and salmon.
- Bake for an additional 12-18 minutes, or until opaque throughout and potatoes are fork tender. Broil for 2-3 minutes. Enjoy immediately!