PHOTO BY CARRIE ALLEN
The sign on my mantel says, “Thankful and Blessed” and that is right where I know I have landed. I am so blessed to have an army of friends and family supporting this crazy idea of mine, and I am thankful to each and every one of them. Some of the most amazing blessings in my life are the people I live and work with.
- My husband Tim (aka, Teej) has supported this retirement dream of mine from Day 1 and I’m so thankful he is my best friend and partner in this game of life.
- My daughter Brooke gets more done in 24 hours than many people do in a week! I’m thankful for her energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude
- My son Tanner is a technical whiz and also an amazing chef (see his new recipe / grilling column called 919 Backyard BBQ on page 14). His capacity for taking on new challenges with determination is only one of the things I’m thankful
- My mom and step-dad are the busiest (and I’m not kidding) people I know with family, friends and church, but thankfully they are always just a phone call away.
- My LKN Magazine teammates, Barbara, Brooke and Kasey, each bring different strengths to the table, and I am so thankful for their individual gifts and commitment to this endeavor. Additionally, our editorial director and writer, Robin Shupe, and our senior writer, Martie Emory, both came right at the perfect time for this magazine, and I am thankful beyond belief for their hard work and dedication.
- The LKN Magazine distribution team gets these magazines out each month and, with a community as large as Lake Norman, they have their work cut out for them. Juli, Eric, Paula, Dave, Betsy, Marianne (aka mom), and Charlie, I am eternally thankful that you never stop delivering!
- Our advertising partners have jumped into this publishing pool with us and make the magazine possible, and I am proud when our readers tell them they saw them in LKN Magazine! I will always be thankful for their willingness to step out with us and embrace this wonderful challenge!
Yes, I am blessed and thankful, indeed!