1 Hour Soft Cinnamon Rolls
For the Dough:
- 1 cup Warm Milk
- 1 tbsp. Instant Dry Yeast
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp. Softened Butter, or Olive Oil
- 1 large Egg
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup Softened Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
For the Icing:
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter, softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp. Milk
For the Cinnamon Rolls:
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the warm milk, yeast, and sugar. Lightly whisk together, then set aside for 6-8 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Add the egg, salt, and butter. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour. Using the hook attachment, knead the dough on LOW for 2 minutes. Increase speed to Medium-High to knead for 5 more minutes. The dough should be soft and pliable. Adjust with milk (if too dry) or flour (if too sticky), if needed.
- Cover with Saran Wrap and let the dough rest in the oven with the light on for 10 minutes.
- While resting, lightly flour a clean surface.
- Roll out the dough 12″x18″ rectangle, about 1/4″ thick.
- Spread the softened butter evenly over the dough. The butter shouldn’t be melted but should spread over the dough easily.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the buttered dough.
- Roll up the dough tightly.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls using a thin string or dental floss to be 1 1/2″ – 2″ thick slices.
- Place into a lightly greased pan. Cover with Saran Wrap.
- Turn the oven OFF. Place the cinnamon rolls in the heated oven to rise 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, quickly pour the heavy cream over the cinnamon rolls. Then place back into the oven.
- Leaving them in the oven, turn the oven ON to 375F. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until brown on top.
For the Icing:
- Beat the softened cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and milk. Beat until soft and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Fold in the vanilla extract.
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool for 2-3 minutes before adding the icing. The icing should melt and become a beautiful glaze on top. Enjoy warm!
The Crispiest & Cheesiest Mac N Cheese
- Batistini Farms Organic Ancient Tuscan Grain Campanelle Pasta
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Batistini Farms Organic Basil Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 4 cups Half and Half
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Colby Jack or Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup Gouda, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 1 minute under Al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, toss in olive oil to keep from sticking together.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter. Once melted, add in the olive oil.
- Whisk in the flour, stirring consistently for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the seasonings.
- Slowly pour the half and half into the pot while you stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add in the shredded cheeses. Stir to combine.
- Add in the pasta and stir until well-coated.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish. Top with extra grated cheese (optional) and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Broil 1-2 minutes until golden crispy.
- Serve warm with freshly grated Parmesan and chives. Enjoy!