photos by CARRIE ALLEN
With no shortage of picturesque views and amazing sunsets, wonderful dining opportunities, and a multitude of water sports and activities, Lake Norman offers a lifestyle that’s close to perfection.
If you’re dreaming of lake views and a laid-back routine, get to know the Lake Norman RV Resort and Tiny Homes of Lake Norman — where you may find your perfect home match as well!
Originally purchased in 2006 as three tracts of land, what is now the Lake Norman RV Resort offers current accommodations and RV sites that are available for rent on a daily, weekly, monthly, or seasonal basis. Since 2016, owner Jim Davidson has keenly kept tabs on the popular — and growing — trend of Tiny Homes, adding a few units at a time to his RV resort each year since then. Today, there are a total of 46 Tiny Homes within the RV resort, with 29 home owners who use these popular residences as a mix of primary and secondary homes. Jim’s ultimate vision is to cater to private owners, who would purchase the 399-square-foot Tiny Home and rent their lot, based on location and view.
“In 2020 we made the exciting decision to sell the currently available Tiny Homes to clients for their personal use – as either a primary or secondary home,” says Jim. “I’m now offering investors the opportunity to purchase, with the RV resort managing all rentals to maintain security and rental price consistency.”
Once the resort is at 90% Tiny Homes, you’ll see an official name change to Tiny Homes of Lake Norman!
The long-term vision is a community of 70 Tiny Homes, all with incredible locations and scenery, and of course, the endless added benefits of Lake Norman living. Been dreaming of a home on Lake Norman? This is your very affordable option: $124,900 for a one-bedroom lake view, and $179,900 for a one-bedroom home on the lakefront!
These Tiny Home cabins sleep up to six guests and include a full bathroom and kitchen with full-sized appliances. Guests are always enamored with the lake’s pristine beauty and the local wildlife, and nearby activities are endless: Shopping at Birkdale Village or Davidson’s Farmer’s Market, Discovery Place Kids or the Carolina Raptor Center for family adventures, the enormously popular craft beer and wine scene, and favorite attractions close by that include the Charlotte Motor Speedway, Bank of America Stadium (home of the Carolina Panthers!), and the Spectrum Center (home of the Charlotte Hornets!)
Just to entice you a bit more, there are some hard-to-beat reasons to purchase a Tiny Home — especially in this amazing lake setting we love so much!
- Tiny Homes are known to be more efficient and environmentally friendly, as less space automatically translates to less heating and cooling.
- As a Tiny Home owner here you’ll enjoy all the wonderful amenities of the RV resort, including kayaks, water boards, pedal boats, and pontoon rentals, along with a game room, exercise room, boat ramp and boat slips for guests, and a soon-to-open fabulous new pool, slated for summer of 2023!
- The Tiny Homes community is completely private and securely gated, offering complete peace of mind for you and your family.
- Tiny Homes of Lake Norman is located less than an hour from Charlotte, which includes proximity to the area’s favorite professional sports teams, first-class dining and shopping, and exciting opportunities for fans of the performing arts.
- You’ll already be set for a true family “Staycation” anytime you need one! No need to fight crowds at other resorts or large theme parks, when you can vacation — with all those amenities — right there at home.
Privately owned, the Lake Norman RV resort is a gated community that includes a large 3,500-foot deck and pavilion overlooking the lake and is open 24/7. Guests can relax in the mini-movie theater, enjoy the game room and exercise room with a beautiful lake view, and an office suite that is open from 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Water enthusiasts will appreciate access to paddle boards, pontoon rentals, kayaks, paddle boats, and fishing – all free to resort guests. Savor time by the fire pit on chillier days, enjoy the barbecue grills, a Tiki Hut, 350-foot boardwalk, pet park, boat ramp and boat slips for guests, a bathhouse with private shower suites and laundry open 24/7, and you’re likely already wondering why you aren’t part of this amazing community. This is your chance to immerse yourselves in the Lake Norman lifestyle, while enjoying all the advantages of Tiny Home ownership!
For more information on the Lake Norman RV Resort and Tiny Homes of Lake Norman and for up-to-date availability, reach their office at 704-489-6033. The resort is located at 6738 E. NC 150 Hwy, in Sherrills Ford, NC. See all the resort’s amenities and find current rental information and more details on purchasing a Tiny Home of your own at lakenormanmotorcoachresort.com.